- Digital Brand Translation
- User Experience & User Interface Design
- Responsive eCommerce
Zero Halliburton has been a leader in aluminum luggage, stylish attaches, and polycarbonate travel cases since 1938. The iconic cases have been featured in over 200 films and trusted with carrying moon rocks from the Apollo 11 mission. As part of the company’s 80th-anniversary brand refresh targeting the US market, eHouse Studio was tasked with an eCommerce store redesign and Shopify Plus migration in an effort to increase revenue and improve brand perception.
- Improve conversion rates by optimizing the user experience
- Update the visual aesthetic to align with the brand refresh
- Ease site maintenance by migrating to Shopify Plus
- Increase customer reach by rolling out an improved email strategy leveraging automated and segmented email campaigns
Simplify Product Finding
The redesign process began with a close review of the existing site structure, analytics, and benchmark competitors. This research revealed that the unconventional product taxonomy on the existing site combined with a purely promotional homepage was making it difficult for customers to find the products they wanted to purchase. Our approach was to restructure the product navigation and site flow to more closely match standards with which most customers are familiar. Our solution:
- Re-structure product categories and filters allowing customers to navigate products and collections through more commonly understood categories and filters
- Present product categories on the homepage to help customers discover the range of products available and provide a visually enticing entry point to the catalog
- Introduce category landing pages in order to provide a more visually guided experience, category landing pages were introduced for luggage and collections
Rebrand & Enhance
Shopping a luxury brand should be enjoyable and inspiring at every step and on any device. The new site needed to align with the brand refresh as well as improve the shopping experience. Our goals were to:
- Align with the brand refresh by infusing brand heritage messaging, bold typography and a clean sophisticated aesthetic to the new site
- Modernize the user experience by following responsive best practices for a smooth eCommerce experience across all devices
- Improve product evaluation by building product detail pages that dedicate more space to visually calling out product details and highlights
Scalability and Easy Maintenance
Among the challenges the client faced with the existing site was the ability to easily edit and maintain the site content. To address this challenge, eHS built a custom theme in Shopify Plus and provided assistance with data structure to ensure a clean import. As the site was developed, we worked with the client team to tailor the editability of the fields to align with their workflow and requirements.
Branded Email Communications
Once the website launched, our focus shifted to building customer relationships with the brand. We began by focusing on subscribers when they are most engaged with the brand by rolling out a series of automated welcome emails. Once the welcome stream was in place, we followed up with cart abandonment, more automated emails, a series of segmented holiday sales and product launch campaigns. Through these emails alone revenue went up 700%.
In the first 3 months since launch, the eCommerce store conversion rate rose 86%
revenue from email
Revenue attributable to emails was up by 700%
Mobile specific revenue went up by 341%
When the site launched the store gained an improved user experience that matched the offline brand, a custom Shopify Plus theme and an email strategy. Within 3 months of the launch, conversions on the website were up 86%, mobile revenue was up 341% and email attributable revenue up 700%.